The Academic Center of Excellence is pleased to offer an academic collegiate scholarship to high school students in the Chicagoland area or surrounding suburbs within the State of Illinois. We are also excited for the upcoming year as we are extending the scholarship to 1st and 2nd year college students who graduated from a high school in the Chicagoland area!
Students who meet the following criteria are eligible for the scholarship.
Application and supporting materials must be received by December 15, 2018 in order to be considered, and completed projects must be submitted by March 1, 2019
The following materials should be submitted:
1. Completed application form
2. A typed essay (250 word - one-page - double spaced) addressing the following topic:
a. What is our individual responsibility to change, uplift and maintain the community in which we live?
3. Two letters of reference or recommendation from a teacher, coach, community leader or other adult who is not an immediate relative.
4. Letter of Acceptance to an accredited 4‐year or Community College (All Acceptance Letters must be presented at the Awards Ceremony - April or May 2019 - exact date to be determined).
5. Community Project or an Original Literary Work which answers the following question:
a. What Are Your Keyes2Life?
Recipients will be selected by a panel of judges which will include community leaders, health care workers and educators. Awards will be based on ALL application materials provided, quality, originality and effort of the submitted project. All scholarship applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision by April 2019). Payment will be made to the recipient’s school of choice upon notification and in accordance with the school’s scholarship guidelines.
Purpose of Scholarship
To provide financial assistance to a student with an interest in pursuing a career in the health field and has shown a commitment to their community which is proven by letters of reference and an original community project submitted by the candidate.
Up to 10* non-renewable scholarships will be awarded yearly and made payable to the recipients’ educational institutions
Scholarship awards range from $1,000 to $5,000
*The actual number of recipients and the monetary value of each award varies depending upon the amount available in the scholarship fundIf you have questions or need further information, please contact Dr. Corpia Keyes at (844) 539-3725 or email us at info@Keyes2Life.org